9 December 2008

Abraham, Martin, and John

Dear reader,

A friend of mine recommend me to listen to this song...
The lyric is simple but touching...
In particular if we think at the shared destinies of these four great men...I believe that anyone of you will be speechless...

The picture here above states that this is what happens if you do the right thing in America (USA).
In my opinion, this does not happen only in USA, but I would say it is a general tendency of the current degraded world.
All these men, together with many others, put their lives at risk until the extreme sacrifice, which ultimately occurred in a similar way for all of them.
Since obviously we cannot bring them back to this evil world, it would be already sufficient if we, all of us, were able, at least, to fight for their ideals under any circumstance and under any kind of threat.

Our ideas are valid and our principles are worth only if we are willing to fight for them, if needed, until the extreme sacrifice.
In my opinion, this is the only way to curb the decline of our modern world.

Your sincerely,

Antonio

Here you can listen to one version of this song, the Ray Charles' one, on YouTube:

Abraham, Martin, and John

Sung by: Dion

Words and Music by Richard Holler

Has anybody here seen my old friend Abraham?

Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young
You know I just looked around and he's gone

Has anybody here seen my old friend John?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young
I just looked around and he's gone

(brief instrumental interlude-organ)

Has anybody here seen my old friend Martin?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young
I just looked around and he's gone

Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free
Some day soon, it's gonna be one day

has anybody here seen my old friend Bobby?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
I thought I saw him walkin' up over the hill
With Abraham, Martin, and John

(Italian Version)

Ha (per caso) visto qualcuno di voi qui il mio vecchio amico Abraham?

Potete dirmi dov'è andato?
Ha liberato un sacco di persone, ma sembra che i buoni muoiano giovani.
Sai, mi sono appena guardato intorno e se ne era (già) andato.

Ha (per caso) visto qualcuno di voi qui il mio vecchio John?
Potete dirmi dov'è andato?
Ha liberato un sacco di persone, ma sembra che i buoni muoiono giovani.
Sai, mi sono appena guardato intorno ed se ne era (già) andato.

Ha (per caso) visto qualcuno di voi qui il mio vecchio Martin?
Potete dirmi dov'è andato?
Ha liberato un sacco di persone, ma sembra che i buoni muoiono giovani.
Sai, mi sono appena guardato intorno e se ne era (già) andato.

Non ti piacevano le cose per cui loro si sono battuti?
Non hanno loro cercato ti trovare (fare) qualcosa di buono per me e per te?

e presto un giorno saremo liberi , accadrà un giorno...

(Per caso) ha visto qualcuno di voi qui il mio vecchio Robert?
Potete dirmi dov'e' andato?
Ho pensato di averlo visto camminare sulla collina insieme ad Abraham, Martin e John

No comments: